Conference to attract personnel to the Arctic to be held in Arkhangelsk
On November 15–16, the Mikhail Lomonosov Northern (Arctic) Federal University in Arkhangelsk will host an online conference on recruiting new employees to work in the Arctic. The event will be attended by officials, members of the business community, and experts from Russia and other Arctic Council countries.
The conference will focus on government efforts to recruit a workforce to the Arctic, including policies on employment, personnel needs in the Arctic regions, the forecasting of personnel requirements, preferences and support programs for residents there, retraining and employment programs, Arctic recruitment, and the impact of the digital transformation on employment in the Arctic regions.
Other themes for discussion include:
- Personnel requirements for Arctic investment projects, specialties in high demand
- “Northern recruiting” specifics
- The Northern Sea Route: Limits and potential
- Personnel needs in the social sphere in the Arctic
- The state of the education system for the indigenous peoples and their education requirements
- Training a new generation of Arctic explorers.
The National Arctic Scientific and Educational Consortium will meet on the sidelines of the conference.